This release updates Kubernetes to v1.20.12, fixes a number of minor issues, and includes an update to ingress-nginx that resolves CVE-2021-25742.
For more details on what's new, see the Kubernetes release notes.
Changes since v1.20.11+rke2r2
- Update Kubernetes to v1.20.12 (#2060)
- The ingress-nginx helm chart has been upgraded to version 4.0.3. (#1942)
This resolves CVE-2021-25742.
- Servers will no longer occasionally create duplicate static pods during upgrades. (#1968)
- Servers will no longer join etcd clusters until the new member is more prepared to do so. (#1991)
- Flannel's vxlan backend now generates its own MAC addresses, preventing systemd 242+ from changing them unexpectedly. (#2009)
- Cluster member addresses are now updated when resetting/restoring etcd via
rke2 etcd-snapshotsubcommand now honors config file settings. (#2031)
Packaged Component Versions
- #2309 - Custom Cluster CIDRs are not honored when using the Canal CNI Plugin. If you specify a
--cluster-cidrother than 10.42.0.0/16, you should apply the following manifest to your cluster:
apiVersion: helm.cattle.io/v1 kind: HelmChartConfig metadata: name: rke2-canal namespace: kube-system spec: valuesContent: |- podCidr: $YOUR_CLUSTER_CIDR
- #1447 - When restoring RKE2 from backup to a new node, you should ensure that all pods are stopped following the initial restore:
curl -sfL https://get.rke2.io | sudo INSTALL_RKE2_VERSION=v1.20.11+rke2r1 rke2 server \ --cluster-reset \ --cluster-reset-restore-path=<PATH-TO-SNAPSHOT> --token <token used in the original cluster> rke2-killall.sh systemctl enable rke2-server systemctl start rke2-server
As always, we welcome and appreciate feedback from our community of users. Please feel free to: