The highlight of this update is the support of virtualization. The options are generated on-the-fly to dramatically improve loading performance of selects (both large and small). In addition, search performance has also seen a drastic improvement (search is now instant, whereas it might have taken more than a few seconds before for a large select). The markup has been rewritten with performance in mind and paves the way for the ability to add/load options dynamically.
I’ll add the option to disable virtualization prior to the full release of v1.13.0, but for now that’s the main thing I want to ensure works properly, so I’m leaving it enabled by default for this first alpha.
- #1303: val() method doesn’t fire changed.bs.select
- #1383: Croatian locale is not cro_CRO. Renamed to hr_HR
- #1395: title option position not correct when adding options dynamically
- #1398: trigger setSize on refresh event
- #1674: Fix li tags inside option being treated as options
- #1692: Live Search Box Not Cleared After Selection
- #710: focus on selectpicker triggers focus on actual select, allowing for event listeners
- #1110: ‘active’ class is only applied when liveSearch is on
- #1229: Large lists and virtualization
- #1687: Improve init performance