The MongoDB Node.js team is pleased to announce version 3.6.3 of the driver
A regression introduced in v3.6.2 meant that
createIndex operations would not be executed with a fixed
primary read preference. This resulted in the driver selecting any server for the operation, which would
fail if a non-primary was selected.
The driver periodically monitors members of the replicaset for changes in the topology, but ensures that
the "monitoring thread" is never woken sooner than 500ms. Measuring this elapsed time depends on a
stable clock, which is not available to us in some virtualized environments like AWS Lambda. The result
was that periodically operations would think there were no available servers, and the driver would force
a wait of
heartbeatFrequencyMS (10s by default) before reaching out to servers again for a new
monitoring check. The internal async interval timer has been improved to account for these environments
A regression introduced in v3.6.0 forced the driver to reuse a single kerberos client for all
authentication attempts. This would result in incomplete authentication flows, and occaisionally even
a crash in the
kerberos module. The driver has been reverted to creating a kerberos client per
A change introduced in v3.6.1 switched all our usage of
process.nextTick in the connection pool with
setImmediate per Node.js core recommendation. This was observed to introduce noticeable latency when the event loop
was experiencing pressure, so the change was reverted for this release pending further investigation.
- @jswangjunsheng submitted a fix for a rare scenario when wait queue members time out before connection establishment
- @through-a-haze submitted a fix for incorrect construction of an X509 authentication message
- @andreialecu helped us indicate peer optional dependencies in our
package.jsonfor stricter package managers (pnpm, yarn2)
We invite you to try the driver immediately, and report any issues to the NODE project.
Thanks very much to all the community members who contributed to this release!
- [NODE-2172] - Change stream breaks on disconnection when there's something piped into it.
- [NODE-2784] - MongoError: Not Master when running createIndex in 3.6.0
- [NODE-2807] - MongoClient.readPreference always returns primary
- [NODE-2827] - Connecting to single mongos makes driver think it is connected to a standalone
- [NODE-2829] - MongoDB Driver 3.6+ Performance issues on AWS Lambda
- [NODE-2835] - Remove default timeout for read operations
- [NODE-2859] - GSSAPI AuthProvider causing crashes in Compass
- [NODE-2861] - Performance Regression for usage of mongodb connections (queries, inserts, ...)
- [NODE-2865] - Connections can be leaked if wait queue members are cancelled
- [NODE-2869] - Invalid assignment of X509 username makes authentication impossible