Today we are very pleased to announce the stable release of history version 5!
This version includes many enhancements and fixes a few important issues with the library.
- Hash history now has support for
history.blockAPI, with support for retrying transitions
- Full TypeScript declarations and IntelliSense docs
- Adds development and production builds for
- Both browser and hash history have support for iframes (custom
- About 50% smaller than v4 (and no dependencies)
- Fixed some long-standing encoding issues with
- Removed unfixable warnings about pushing the same path in hash history
- Renamed browser global to
HistoryLibraryso it doesn't conflict with
- Removed support for browsers that do not support the HTML5 history API (no
- Removed relative pathname support in hash history and memory history
Please refer to our installation guide for instructions about how to install the library.
We are very excited about this release, especially because it will serve as the foundation for the upcoming release of React Router version 6.
Thank you for your support. Enjoy! 😀