This release adds a home grown pretty print formatter, and removes the pprintpp dependancy. The new formatter is better integrated with Rich and will be a more flexible solution, but its not as battle tested as pprintpp. Please report any bugs!
Also in 5.1.0 is a 'display hook' which allows for integration of Rich in to the REPL, so all your data will be pretty. It's kind of fun to use.
The following will install the display hook.
>>> from rich import pretty >>> pretty.install()
[5.1.0] - 2020-08-08
- Added Text.cell_len
- Added helpful message regarding unicode decoding errors https://github.com/willmcgugan/rich/issues/212
- Added display hook with pretty.install()
- Fixed deprecation warnings re backslash https://github.com/willmcgugan/rich/issues/210
- Fixed repr highlighting of scientific notation, e.g. 1e100
- Implemented pretty printing, and removed pprintpp from dependencies
- Optimized Text.join