This is release 1.55.0 (grandslam) of gRPC Core.
For gRPC documentation, see grpc.io. For previous releases, see Releases.
This release contains refinements, improvements, and bug fixes, with highlights listed below.
- [Compiler Fix] Backport - Bring declarations and definitions to be in sync (#32911). (#32915)
- [XDS] Revert "Revert "XDS: enable XDS federation by default (#32711)" (#32814). (#32902)
- [cleanup] Remove public_headers_must_be_c89 test. (#32898)
- [tcp] Add channel argument for SO_RVCBUF size. (#32887)
- [xds] Remove variable protection from custom LB policies. (#32888)
- [BoringSSL] Update third_party/boringssl-with-bazel. (#32868)
- [protobuf] Upgrade third_party/protobuf to 22.x. (#32606)
- [HTTP Proxy] Support CIDR blocks in
All wrapped languages
- [Deps] Backport-1.55: Upgrade Protobuf to v23.1. (#33165)
- [Build] Backport-1.55: Removed gRPC_PROTOBUF_PACKAGE_TYPE, supporting config only. (#33018)
- FindProtobuf doesn’t work with Protobuf v22 and later so gRPC stops giving an option to choose a search mode when finding a Protobuf Package, expecting Protobuf is installed using CMake.
- [Ruby] rubify type names start with lower case or non-alpha characters. (#32604)