There are two types of binaries:
Note: In the remote mode Specter-Desktop will open a new window in the browser if you are using self-signed certificates or Tor. GUI app doesn't support it yet.
Note on Linux: you need to set up udev rules (included in the archive). Check out readme.
Note on MacOS: if Specter server doesn't start for a long time at the first launch, quit Specter, go to Applications, right click on Specter and click "open". After that Specter will launch normally, and from now on you can start it as usual.
Signatures and hashes
sha256.signed.txt file contains sha256 hashes of all binary files and signed with @stepansnigirev's GPG key.
You can get public key from here: https://stepansnigirev.com/ss-specter-release.asc.
It is also available via keys.gnupg.net or keys.openpgp.org.
Fingerprint of the key is
6F16 E354 F833 93D6 E52E C25F 36ED 357A B24B 915F, short id:
- Bugfix: Fix displaying address on BitBox02 (#416) (@stepansnigirev)
- Bugfix: Fix Specter not starting up if Ledger is connected and asleep (#416) (@stepansnigirev)
- Bugfix: Fix wallet-create wizard ignoring passphrase on Trezor One and KeepKey (#420) (@ben-kaufman)
- Bugfix: Fix handling of corrupted wallet file (#422) (@stepansnigirev)
- Bugfix: Fix wrong version number shown on Windows installer (#431) (@k9ert)
- Bugfix: Fix default address labeling issue when importing an old wallet (#435) (@ben-kaufman)
- Bugfix: Fix message signing with Specter-DIY (#440) (@stepansnigirev)
- Bugfix: Fix handling of Bitcoin Core's
disablewalletmode (#461) (@ben-kaufman)
- Bugfix: Use port 8332 if port was not specified with disabled auto-detect (#462) (@stepansnigirev)
- Bugfix: Fix ColdCard multisig wallet export (#467) (@stepansnigirev)
- Bugfix: Fix Ledger failing to sign transactions with multiple inputs (#468) (@ben-kaufman)
- Bugfix: Fix wallet importing issues (#463) (@k9ert)
- Performance: Improve RPC calls speed (#419) (@stepansnigirev)
- Performance: Move version-checker to a separate thread (#421) (@stepansnigirev)
- Performance: Improve speed of the wallet UTXO tab (#457) (@ben-kaufman)
- Feature: Add addresses labels to wallet backup file (#430) (@ben-kaufman)
- Feature: Notify on desktop app when new Specter version is available (#421, #438) (@stepansnigirev)
- UI: Correct typos in main menus (#424) (@Bayernatoor)
- UI: Fix RPC connection test checkboxes CSS (#427) (@ben-kaufman)
- UI: Show total balances as percentage of the total Bitcoin supply when running the numbers (#429) (@ben-kaufman)
- UI: Show live updates of wallet rescan progress (#432) (@ben-kaufman)
- UI: Add QR code (base64) and file upload (binary, base64) support for PSBT import and export (#469) (@stepansnigirev)
- Refactoring: Add automated PEP8 checks with Black (#286) (@mflaxman)
- Refactoring: Cleaner input weight calculation for estimating transaction fees (#426) (@stepansnigirev)
- Refactoring: Blackify the codebase (#464) (@stepansnigirev)
- Docs: Update the FAQ (#437) (@calkob)
- Docs: Add a note to the README about setting
server=1for Bitcoin Core GUI (#459) (@Maple44)