Hi folks! This major rewrite is finally looking the way I want. I still would like to add automated tests for compatibility with redis clusters, and more documentation would probably be helpful.
These changes essentially amount to a full rewrite, and include:
- rewritten in TypeScript
- dropped support for legacy APIs (callback, disposer)
- introduction of new, more modern APIs (fixes #73)
- removal of bluebird promises
- improved error handling (fixes #43)
- stats collection for better observability
- choice of ioredis as the only redis library for testing
- publication as an ES module
- use of GitHub actions for CI
I just published a pre-release on NPM as
5.0.0-alpha.0 and plan on merging this to
main shortly, so that fixes or improvements can be more easily made against it, as it progresses towards a full release. Any patches to the current version will be made in the
v4 branch once this is merged.
Any help testing this and vetting the changes would be appreciated!