- New: tab_bar_style allows customizing the appearance of the rest of tha tab bar.
- New: animated gif and png images displayed via
wezterm imgcat(the iTerm2 image protocol), or attached to the window background via window_background_image will now animate while the window has focus.
- New: added foreground_text_hsb setting to adjust hue, saturation and brightness when text is rendered.
- New: added ResetFontAndWindowSize key assignment.
- New: added ScrollByLine key assignment.
- New: OSC 777 and OSC 9 escapes now generate Toast Notifications.
printf "\e]777;notify;%s;%s\e\\" "title" "body"and
printf "\e]9;%s\e\\" "hello there". These don't currently pass through multiplexer connections. #489.
- New: exit_behavior config option to keep panes open after the program has completed. #499
- New: added
--config name=valueoptions to
--font-shaperCLI options have been removed in favor of this new mechanism.
- New: window:set_config_overrides method that can be used to override GUI related configuration options on a per-window basis. Click through to see examples of dynamically toggling ligatures and window opacity. #469 #329
- New: introduced custom_block_glyphs option to ensure that block glyphs don't have gaps. #433
- New: you can now drag the wezterm window via the tab bar
- New: holding SUPER+Drag (or CTRL+SHIFT+Drag) will drag the wezterm window. Use StartWindowDrag to configure your own binding.
- New: configure window_decorations to remove the title bar and/or window border
- New: we now bundle PowerlineExtraSymbols as a built-in fallback font, so that you can use powerline glyphs with any font without patching the font.
- New: window:set_right_status allows setting additional status information in the tab bar. #500
- New: Search Mode: Added
CTRL-ukey assignment to clear the current search pattern. Thanks to @bew! #465
font_hintingare now deprecated in favor of the new freetype_load_target and freetype_load_flags options. The deprecated options have no effect and will be removed in a future release. The new options provide more direct control over how freetype rasterizes text.
- Fonts: when computing default
font_rulesfor bold and italic fonts, strip italic and bold components from the family name. eg: if you set
font = wezterm.font("Source Code Pro Medium")then the
Mediumtext will be stripped from the font name used to locate bold and italic variants so that we don't report an error loading a non-sensical
Source Code Pro Medium Bold. #456
- Fonts: fix a regression where bright windows behind wezterm could "shine through" on the alpha channel, and adjust the tinting operation to avoid anti-aliased dark fringes #470 #491
- Fonts: macOS: fix an issue where wezterm could hang when loading a font located via Core Text #475
- Fonts: Changed the default font_size to 12 points. #517
- Fonts: Updated bundled JetBrainsMono font to version 2.225
--config-fileCLI option to specify an alternate config file location. Read more about config file resolution. Thanks to @bew! #459
- OSC 52 (Clipboard manipulation) now respects the difference between PRIMARY and CLIPBOARD on X11 systems.
- Fixed an issue where large pastes could result in a hang
- Closing the configuration error window no longer requires confirmation
- Fixed: an issue where the window would be redrawn on mouse move. This was most noticeable as a laggy mouse pointer when moving the mouse across a window running on the nouveau display driver on X11 and Wayland systems
- Fixed: an issue where closing a pane would immediately
SIGKILLthe associated process, rather than sending
SIGHUP. Thanks to @bew!
- Fixed: line-based mouse selection (default: triple click) now extends forwards to include wrapped lines. #466
- Fixed: the RIS escape wasn't clearing the scrollback. #511
- Wayland: fixed opengl context creation issues. Thanks to @unrelentingtech! #481
- Wayland: the raw key modifiers are now correctly propagated so that they activate when used with key assignments using the
key = "raw:123"binding syntax.
- Wayland: fixed window decoration and full screen handling #224
- Wayland: fixed an issue where key repeat processing could "run away" and hang the application
- Windows: the portable .zip file download now includes ANGLE EGL, just like the setup.exe installer has done since version 20201031-154415-9614e117
- Windows: Fixed ToggleFullScreen so that it once again toggles between full screen and normal placement. #177
- Windows: fix the unexpected default behavior of Ctrl-Alt being converted to AltGr for layouts supporting this key, the previous behavior is still possible by enabling the option
treat_left_ctrlalt_as_altgr(to solve #392). Thanks to @bew! #512
- Windows: fixed "Open WezTerm Here" context menu in explorer when used on the root of a drive (eg:
C:\). Thanks to @flyxyz123! #526 #451
- X11: fix an issue where SHIFT-Enter was not recognized #516
- X11: improved DPI detection for high-DPI displays. #515
- X11: we now load the XCursor themes when possible, which means that the mouse cursor is now generally a bit larger and clearer as well as conforming more with the prevailing style of the desktop environment. #524
- Improved and optimized image processing so that watching videos via timg - Terminal Image and Video Viewer works better #537 #535 #534