Visit https://getutm.app/install/ for the most up to date installation instructions.
New Features (Summary)
- (macOS 11.3+ Only) Bridged networking and shared networking support. You can configure it in the Network settings for your VM.
- (macOS 11+ and iOS 13+) GPU acceleration for OpenGL on Linux. Use
virtio-vga-gldisplay device and compatible Linux drivers (most modern Linux distros will have it already installed). Windows is not supported because there is currently no virtio-gpu driver for Windows that supports 3D acceleration. Note that newly created VMs will default to a "GPU Supported" display device on supported architectures but existing VMs must manually change the display device in Display settings. GPU acceleration is still an experimental feature, so it may not work in some situations (including many 3D use cases).
- EFI Boot. By default new VMs created for pc, q35, and virt* machines will have EFI enabled. In previous versions, EFI is only enabled for virt* machines. Due to compatibility with boot, existing pc and q35 VMs will NOT have EFI enabled and must be manually turned on in Settings -> System -> Advanced Configuration -> UEFI Boot. This may also require you to re-install the bootloader on your VM. As part of this change, EFI variables will also be properly handled (on both ARM and x86 VMs). Note that if you've configured a custom pflash device for your VM, the new UEFI Boot option will take no effect (same as before).
- QEMU v6.1.0 is now used for the backend.
- Fix crash when setting custom VM icon (#2387) (thanks @ktprograms)
- Disable Port Forwarding feature for bridged networking (thanks @conath)
- Fixed memory leak (#2720)
- (iOS) Enable OpenGL acceleration for iOS 11-12
- (iOS 15+) Increased memory limit for supported devices (M1 iPads currently)
- (macOS) Fix layout issues in settings on macOS Monterey (#2644)
- (macOS) Fix capturing of hotkeys (such as Cmd+Tab) (#2677)
- Disable port forwarding options for shared & bridged networking
- Fixed crash when PPC screamer is selected on iOS (currently this is still not supported)
- Refactored non-OpenGL rendering code, fixing some random crashes seen in TestFlight reports.
- (iOS) When a mouse/trackpad is already connected when UTM starts up, it will now be properly detected (#3013)
- (iOS) Handle touch and Apple Pencil input while the mouse is captured (#2669)
- Windows BSOD on boot/setup due to
- (macOS) Settings no longer crash when an error occurs while saving a new VM
- (iOS) GL rendering now works on EFI startup (black screen during boot) (#3076)
- v2.2.4 is built with Xcode 12.5.1 instead of Xcode 13.0 beta due to Apple's strict requirements in submitting apps built on beta SDKs. As a result, the layout issues in settings on macOS Monterey are back in v2.2.4. This will be resolved when Xcode 13 is released.
- Networking can be broken in some instances, we are still investigating the cause. (#3051, #3094)
Please check the full list on Github and help report any bug you find that is not listed.