UTM 2.0 includes a redesign of the frontend for iOS 14 and introduces support for macOS 11. Due API limitations, the new design will not be available for iOS 13 and below. That means any feature that depends on the new design will also not be back-ported to iOS 13. Launching UTM 2.0 on iOS 14 will show the new design and launching UTM 2.0 on iOS 13 and below will show the old design. UTM 2.0 also updates the QEMU backend from 4.2.0 to 5.1.0 (for all supported iOS versions).
Installation instructions differ depending on what version of iOS you are running:
- iOS 11-13: You can install and run UTM using any version of AltStore (recommended) or iOS App Signer.
- iOS 14: You must either be jailbroken or follow the tethered launch instructions every time you launch UTM.
- iOS 14.2: You can use either the beta AltStore (1.4.2) or iOS App Signer. Note A11 and older devices are not supported by this method and must be jailbroken or use tethered launch.
As always, please report all bugs to Github
- Deleting a drive now actually deletes the data
- Booting Linux kernel works again (#515)
- Fixed default settings not being loaded including default cursor settings
- (macOS) Fixed internal error on startup
- AltStore cannot install UTM on iOS 14: make sure you are running AltStore 1.4.2 or higher. At time of writing, 1.4.2 beta is only available to AltStore Patreon beta testers. For those without access, you can use iOS App Signer.
- Cannot import any drives/ISO: there is a bug in iOS where an invalid "application-identifier" entitlement causes the file picker to not work. A fix for iOS App Signer is submitted and can be manually compiled.
- Starting a VM goes to a black screen on iOS 14: you need to sign UTM with a "development" certificate. If you used a 3rd party signing service, it is probably signed with the wrong certificate. If you signed UTM yourself, make sure you chose a "development" certificate and in iOS App Signer, "No get-task-allow" is unchecked.
Please check the full list on Github and help report any bug you find that is not listed.