UTM 2.0 includes a redesign of the frontend for iOS 14 and introduces support for macOS 11. Due API limitations, the new design will not be available for iOS 13 and below. That means any feature that depends on the new design will also not be back-ported to iOS 13. Launching UTM 2.0 on iOS 14 will show the new design and launching UTM 2.0 on iOS 13 and below will show the old design. UTM 2.0 also updates the QEMU backend from 4.2.0 to 5.1.0 (for all supported iOS versions).
Installation instructions differ depending on what version of iOS you are running:
- iOS 11-13: You can install and run UTM using any version of AltStore (recommended) or iOS App Signer.
- iOS 14: You must either be jailbroken or follow the tethered launch instructions every time you launch UTM.
- iOS 14.2: You can use either the beta AltStore (1.4.2) or iOS App Signer. Note some people report issues with this, please post the device model you're running if it does not work.
Notice to users of previous versions: If you are running an older version of UTM (v1 or v2 beta), please note that because the bundle identifier has changed, it will install as a new app and AltStore will not show an update for your existing app. You should manually move your VMs to the new app. We are also retiring the distinction of beta vs release. Since we don't have dedicated testers or a QA team, it is misleading to label something as 'beta' or 'release' when every build incrementally improves upon the last one.
As always, please report all bugs to Github
One more thing... macOS 11 universal builds will now be included in the releases. Be warned that currently the macOS builds are still very unstable.
Changes (from last update)
- Fix port forwarding (broken in last update)
- (iOS 14) Add confirmation popup for delete/clone/stop operations
- (iOS 14) Fix issue on iPad where a delete VM still shows its details page
Changes (highlights since v1.0)
- (iOS 14) Brand new UI for the home view and configuration views
- (iOS 14) Advanced mode: bypass QEMU arguments generated by configuration and pass args directly (#381)
- (iOS 14) Sort VMs on home view (#356)
- QEMU updated from 4.2.0 to 5.1.0
- Removable drives and changing discs while VM is running (#109)
- Jailbroken devices can use more JIT memory (#67)
Please check the full list on Github and help report any bug you find that is not listed.