Visit https://getutm.app/install/ for the most up to date installation instructions.
- Check out the new UTM Gallery: https://mac.getutm.app/gallery/
- QEMU 5.1.0 changed JIT cache allocation to default to be host RAM / 8 instead of guest RAM / 4 as before. We revert back to guest RAM / 4.
- Fixed "Allocate x bytes for jit buffer: invalid argument" (#2269)
- (macOS) Console mode broken due to CoreAudio API cannot be used after fork() (#2267)
- Skip USB device for "isapc" (#2272)
Notice for upcoming iOS update
iOS 14.4 beta 2 broke JIT again (for non-jailbroken A12+ devices), and likely for good this time. We do not recommend updating to iOS 14.4 when it is released to the public.
macOS Sandbox Migration
If you are updating from < 2.0.17 on macOS, then when you open UTM you will not see any VMs you previously created! To fix this, move your .utm files from
~/Library/Containers/com.utmapp.UTM/Data/Documents. You can do it in Terminal with the following command:
mv ~/Documents/*.utm ~/Library/Containers/com.utmapp.UTM/Data/Documents
or with Finder
- Open Finder and go to your home directory.
- Press Cmd+Shift+. (that's the period key) to show hidden files.
- Browse to Library -> Containers -> UTM -> Data -> Documents
- Copy or move your .utm files from your home's Documents directory to this directory.
- Black screen or crash trying to start any VM? Make sure you read all the instructions in the install page.
- Cannot import any drives/ISO: there is a bug in iOS where an invalid "application-identifier" entitlement causes the file picker to not work. A fix for iOS App Signer is submitted and can be manually compiled. If you are using AltStore, you need use a free (not paid) developer account.
- When installed via Cydia/Sileo, Settings and Files integration does not work and VMs are not deleted automatically when uninstalled.
Please check the full list on Github and help report any bug you find that is not listed.