Visit https://getutm.app/install/ for the most up to date installation instructions.
- Fixed a memory leak in starting VM with a removable drive that could lead to a crash in rare circumstances
- Fixed a race condition in CocoaSpice that could lead to a crash or freeze on other running VMs if one VM is stopped
- (iOS) Jailbreak detection for iOS 14 improved so startup message will not show up when jailbroken
- (macOS) Improved icon at low resolutions
- (macOS) BREAKING CHANGE: App Sandbox is re-enabled starting with this build. You need to move any existing VMs. Please read the section below for more details.
macOS Sandbox Migration
When you open UTM you will not see any VMs you previously created! To fix this, move your .utm files from
~/Library/Containers/com.utmapp.UTM/Data/Documents. You can do it in Terminal with the following command:
mv ~/Documents/*.utm ~/Library/Containers/com.utmapp.UTM/Data/Documents
or with Finder
- Open Finder and go to your home directory.
- Press Cmd+Shift+. (that's the period key) to show hidden files.
- Browse to Library -> Containers -> UTM -> Data -> Documents
- Copy or move your .utm files from your home's Documents directory to this directory.
- Black screen or crash trying to start any VM? Make sure you read all the instructions in the install page.
- Cannot import any drives/ISO: there is a bug in iOS where an invalid "application-identifier" entitlement causes the file picker to not work. A fix for iOS App Signer is submitted and can be manually compiled. If you are using AltStore, you need use a free (not paid) developer account.
- When installed via Cydia/Sileo, Settings and Files integration does not work and VMs are not deleted automatically when uninstalled.
Please check the full list on Github and help report any bug you find that is not listed.