This release adds on a couple of new gov proposals to update and upgrade ibc clients, that were missing from the v2 upgrade, on top of the previous v2.4.0-rc1 release.
This release includes an important shield parameter change that encourages normal stakers to provide shield collateral.
There is an upgrade planned at height
<TBD> for shentu mainnet. This release should be applied at the height where
Shield-V2 software upgrade takes place. Further announcements & operations for the upgrade will be posted soon.
The upgrade operation should be a simple binary replacement at the upgrade height:
- Stop the running certik daemon
- Replace the binary (v2.3.1 or v2.3.2) with the v2.4.0 version.
- Start the daemon with the new binary.
The above steps are sufficient to perform this upgrade.
Make sure you do NOT perform the below operations:
certik unsafe-reset-allor delete the data directory, as it will require you to sync from the beginning of shentu-2.2 network.
- Replace the binary before the upgrade height. It will corrupt your database and you will have to either download the snapshot at https://shentu-data-snapshot-light.s3.amazonaws.com/shentu.tar.gz or sync from the beginning of shentu-2.2 network.
[v2.4.0] - 06/23/2022
State Machine Breaking Changes
- (x/shield) #380 Add more fine-grained and additional shield rewards to the collateral providers.
sha256 checksum of the binaries
sha256sum ./* 44372489f633447b854a41ff8c426cdd8a61f3c85d8826bbce991900873450fd ./certik_2.4.0_arm64_macos f090b10fdc0c76db476d6dfd542031dfa58b2ce205e5f0d8060ab8cbaa23a2ee ./certik_2.4.0_linux_amd64 e118f70e0913b6eb34a129d90ee61a154385fdbc1870dec4bc725dd9ba0a9777 ./certik_2.4.0_win_x86_64.exe