gke-gcloud-auth-plugin dependency for K8s v1.26
gke-gcloud-auth-plugin binary is required to access any GKE clusters when using kubectl 1.26+ with a "provider based" kubernetes configuration file. Use of the "service account and cluster role binding" kubernetes configuration file variant remains the same and does not require either
gcloud or the
gke-gcloud-auth-plugin binary to communicate with the cluster.
When running viya4-deployment with a "provider based" kubernetes configuration file using the ansible-playbook CLI, you will need to install the
gcloud binary and
gke-gcloud-auth-plugin on your machine using these step-by-step instructions from Google's Authentication Blog post. When running viya4-deployment with the docker container built from this project's Dockerfile, the
gke-gcloud-auth-plugin is pre-installed and enabled for you.
The viya4-iac-gcp project has been updated to support the generation of a "provider-based" kubernetes configuration file in release 4.5.0. For more information about kubernetes configuration files, see Kubernetes Configuration File Generation documentation in the viya4-iac-gcp project.
- #428 feat: (IAC-298) Security update - use-forwarded-headers set to false for ingress-ngnix
- #433 feat: (IAC-1002) Upgrade the default ingress-nginx and kubectl versions to work with K8s 1.26
- #429 feat: (IAC-180) Add V4M_CUSTOM_CONFIG_USER_DIR config var for ops4viya logging & monitoring custom configurations
- #435 feat: (IAC-696) DAC - Install gke-gcloud-auth-plugin with viya4-deployment for K8s v1.26
- #440 docs: (IAC-1028) Troubleshooting entry for AWS & GCP non-static kubeconfig files using ansible with orchestration deploy command