- Add prebuilt binary for Xcode 11.7 to the release package.
- Fix deadlocks when opening a Realm file in both the iOS simulator and Realm Studio (#6743, since 5.3.6).
- Fix Springboard deadlocking when an app is unsuspended while it has an open Realm file which is stored in an app group on iOS 10-12 (#6749, since 5.3.6).
- If you use encryption your application cound crash with a message like "Opening Realm files of format version 0 is not supported by this version of Realm". (#6889 among others, since 5.0.0)
- Confining a Realm to a serial queue would throw an error claiming that the queue was not a serial queue on iOS versions older than 12. (#6735, since 5.0.0).
- Results would sometimes give stale results inside a write transaction if a write which should have updated the Results was made before the first access of a pre-existing Results object. (#6721, since 5.0.0)
- File format: Generates Realms with format v11 (Reads and upgrades all previous formats)
- Realm Object Server: 3.21.0 or later.
- Realm Studio: 3.12 or later.
- APIs are backwards compatible with all previous releases in the 5.x.y series.
- Carthage release for Swift is built with Xcode 11.7.
- Upgraded realm-core from v6.0.25 to v6.0.26
- Upgraded realm-sync from v5.0.22 to v5.0.23