- Work around iOS 14 no longer allowing the use of file locks in shared containers, which resulted in the OS killing an app which entered the background while a Realm was open (#6671).
- If an attempt to upgrade a realm has ended with a crash with "migrate_links()" in the call stack, the realm was left in an invalid state. The migration logic now handles this state and can complete upgrading files which were incompletely upgraded by pre-5.3.4 versions.
- Fix deadlocks when writing to a Realm file on an exFAT partition from macOS. (#6691).
- File format: Generates Realms with format v10 (Reads and upgrades all previous formats)
- Realm Object Server: 3.21.0 or later.
- Realm Studio: 3.11 or later.
- APIs are backwards compatible with all previous releases in the 5.x.y series.
- Carthage release for Swift is built with Xcode 11.6.
- Upgraded realm-core from v6.0.19 to v6.0.23
- Upgraded realm-sync from v5.0.16 to v5.0.20