- Allow opening full-sync Realms in read-only mode. This disables local schema initialization, which makes it possible to open a Realm which the user does not have write access to without using asyncOpen. In addition, it will report errors immediately when an operation would require writing to the Realm rather than reporting it via the sync error handler only after the server rejects the write.
- Opening a Realm using a configuration object read from an existing Realm would incorrectly bind the new Realm to the original Realm's thread/queue, resulting in "Realm accessed from incorrect thread." exceptions. (#6574, #6559, since 5.0.0).
- File format: Generates Realms with format v10 (Reads and upgrades all previous formats)
- Realm Object Server: 3.21.0 or later.
- Realm Studio: 3.11 or later.
- APIs are backwards compatible with all previous releases in the 5.x.y series.
- Carthage release for Swift is built with Xcode 11.5.