- Fix errSecDuplicateItem (-25299) errors when opening a synchronized Realm when upgrading from pre-5.0 versions of Realm. (#6538, #6494, since 5.0.0).
- Opening Realms stored on filesystems which do not support preallocation (such as ExFAT) would give "Operation not supported" exceptions. (#6508, since 3.2.0).
- 'NoSuchTable' exceptions would sometimes be thrown after upgrading a Realm file to the v10 format. (Core #3701, since 5.0.0)
- If the upgrade process was interrupted/killed for various reasons, the following run could stop with some assertions failing. No instances of this happening were reported to us. (Since 5.0.0).
- Queries filtering a
Listwhere the query was on an indexed property over a link would sometimes give incomplete results. (#6540, since 4.1.0 but
more common since 5.0.0)
- Opening a file in read-only mode would attempt to make a spurious write to the file, causing errors if the file was in read-only storage (since 5.0.0).
- File format: Generates Realms with format v10 (Reads and upgrades all previous formats)
- Realm Object Server: 3.21.0 or later.
- Realm Studio: 3.11 or later.
- APIs are backwards compatible with all previous releases in the 5.x.y series.
- Carthage release for Swift is built with Xcode 11.5.
- Upgraded realm-core from v6.0.4 to v6.0.6
- Upgraded realm-sync from v5.0.3 to v5.0.5