- Realms opened in read-only mode can now be invalidated (although it is unlikely to be useful to do so).
- Thread-safe references can now be created for read-only Realms. (#5475).
- Fix an availability warning when building Realm. The code path which gave the warning can not currently be hit, so this did not cause any runtime problems (#7219, since 10.7.3).
- Proactively check the expiry time on the access token and refresh it before attempting to initiate a sync session. This prevents some error logs from appearing on the client such as: "ERROR: Connection: Websocket: Expected HTTP response 101 Switching Protocols, but received: HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized" (RCORE-473, since v10.0.0)
- Fix a race condition which could result in a skipping notifications failing to skip if several commits using notification skipping were made in succession (since v5.0.0).
- Fix a crash on exit inside TableRecycler which could happen if Realms were open on background threads when the app exited. (Core #4600, since v5.0.0)
- Fix errors related to "uncaught exception in notifier thread: N5realm11KeyNotFoundE: No such object" which could happen on synchronized Realms if a linked object was deleted by another client. (JS #3611, since v10.0.0).
- Reading a link to an object which has been deleted by a different client via a string-based interface (such as value(forKey:) or the subscript operator on DynamicObject) could return an invalid object rather than nil. (Core #4687, since v10.0.0)
- Recreate the sync metadata Realm if the encryption key for it is missing from the keychain rather than crashing. This can happen if a device is restored from an unencrypted backup, which restores app data but not the app's keychain entries, and results in all cached logics for sync users being discarded but no data being lost. Core #4285
- Realm Studio: 10.0.0 or later.
- APIs are backwards compatible with all previous releases in the 10.x.y series.
- Carthage release for Swift is built with Xcode 12.5.
- CocoaPods: 1.10 or later.
- Upgraded realm-core from v10.6.0 to v10.7.2