- The prebuilt binaries are now packaged as XCFrameworks. This adds support for
Catalyst and arm64 simulators when using them to install Realm, removes the
need for the strip-frameworks build step, and should simplify installation.
- The support functionality for using the Objective C API from Swift is now
included in Realm Swift and now includes all of the required wrappers for
MongoDB Realm types. In mixed Objective C/Swift projects, we recommend
continuing to use the Objective C types, but import both Realm and RealmSwift
in your Swift files.
- The user identifier was added to the file path for synchronized Realms twice
and an extra level of escaping was performed on the partition value. This did
not cause functional problems, but made file names more confusing than they
needed to be. Existing Realm files will continue to be located at the old
path, while newly created files will be created at a shorter path. (Since v10.0.0).
- Realm Studio: 10.0.0 or later.
- APIs are backwards compatible with all previous releases in the 10.x.y series.
- Carthage release for Swift is built with Xcode 12.2.
- CocoaPods: 1.10 or later.