This release updates Kubernetes to v1.21.5, and fixes a number of minor issues.
For more details on what's new, see the Kubernetes release notes.
If your server (control-plane) nodes were not started with the
--token CLI flag or config file key, a randomized token was generated during initial cluster startup. This key is used both for joining new nodes to the cluster, and for encrypting cluster bootstrap data within the datastore. Ensure that you retain a copy of this token, as is required when restoring from backup.
You may retrieve the token value from any server already joined to the cluster:
Changes since v1.21.4+rke2r3
- Upgrade Kubernetes to v1.21.5 (#1861)
- Resolved an issue where air-gapped image rewrites failed if path began with "docker.io" (#1460)
- Added Harvester Cloud Controller Manager (CMM) and Container Storage Interface (CSI) support (#1680)
- Switched upstream k3s branch from master to engine-1.21 (#1710)
- Resolved an issue where apiserver cert is missing hostname SAN entries (#1740)
- Resolve an issue where imported airgap images were not associated with a rke2 lease (#1779)
- Resolved an issue where the "etcd-expose-metrics" setting caused the etcd livenessProbe to fail (#1795)
- Experimental support for dual-stack calico (#1836)
Packaged Component Versions
|Canal (Default)||Flannel v0.13.0-rancher1|
- #1894 - Airgap installs with Cilium fail due to missing package bumps in v1.21.5+rke2r1
- #1447 - When restoring RKE2 from backup to a new node, you should ensure that all pods are stopped following the initial restore:
curl -sfL https://get.rke2.io | sudo INSTALL_RKE2_VERSION=v1.21.5+rke2r1 rke2 server \ --cluster-reset \ --cluster-reset-restore-path=<PATH-TO-SNAPSHOT> --token <token used in the original cluster> rke2-killall.sh systemctl enable rke2-server systemctl start rke2-server
As always, we welcome and appreciate feedback from our community of users. Please feel free to: