This release updates Kubernetes to v1.20.6
For more details on what's new, see the Kubernetes release notes. If you are coming from v1.19 or earlier, it is recommended that you read the Urgent Upgrade Notes.
If you installed RKE2 from RPMs (default on RHEL-based distributions), you will need to either re-run the installer, or edit
/etc/yum.repos.d/rancher-rke2.repo to point at the
stable/1.20 channel (depending on how quickly you would like to receive new releases) in order to update RKE2 via yum.
Changes since v1.20.5+rke2r1
- Upgrade Kubernetes to v1.20.6 (#843)
- Mount host ssldirs into the controller-manager pod (#832)
- Add etcd snapshot to S3 functionality (#848)
- Update documentation with detailed remediation for control 5.1.5 within the CIS 1.5 hardening guide (#551)
- Private registry functionality enhancements (#865)
- Bug fix for disable etcd flag (#867)
- Rewrite image references instead of URLs (#904)
Packaged Component Versions
- #692 - RKE does not write audit logs, regardless of the audit policy in place.
- #786 - NetworkManager interferes with network related components. If your node has NetworkManager installed and enabled, please refere to Rke2 Docs for a workaround.
These will be addressed in an upcoming release.
As always, we welcome and appreciate feedback from our community of users. Please feel free to: