Major features and improvements
- Tab completion for catalog datasets in
jupytersessions. (Thank you @datajoely and @WaylonWalker)
- Added support for transcoding, an ability to decouple loading/saving mechanisms of a dataset from its storage location, denoted by adding '@' to the dataset name.
- Datasets have a new
releasefunction that instructs them to free any cached data. The runners will call this when the dataset is no longer needed downstream.
Bug fixes and other changes
- Add support for pipeline nodes made up from partial functions.
- Expand user home directory
~for TextLocalDataSet (see issue #19).
- Add a
Nodes for a display-friendly (but not necessarily unique) name.
- Add Kedro project loader for IPython:
- Fix source file encoding issues with Python 3.5 on Windows.
- Fix local project source not having priority over the same source installed as a package, leading to local updates not being recognised.
Breaking changes to the API
- Remove the max_loads argument from the
MemoryDataSetconstructor and from the