New Features & Enhancements
- Updated the API schema to Layer 116.
- Added support for uploads up to 2000 MiB in size to both user and bot identities.
- Added support for in-memory uploads. You can now pass a BytesIO object when uploading a file that lives in-memory; make sure to set the object's
.name attribute to a file name before using it, e.g.:
b = BytesIO(...); b.name = "filename.zip" (contributed by @OctoNezd in #261).
- Added support for profile videos. Pass a video file to set_profile_photo or set_chat_photo to update your profile picture using a video.
- Added an automatic sleep mechanism for flood wait exceptions. Use Client's
sleep_threshold parameter to set a sleep threshold for flood wait exceptions happening globally in a client instance, below which any request that raises a flood wait will be automatically invoked again after sleeping for the required amount of time. Flood wait exceptions requiring higher waiting times will be raised.
linked_chat to Chat objects. Useful to get the the linked discussion group (in case of channels) or the linked channel (in case of supergroups).
- Added support for joining linked chats with the Chat.join bound method.
- Filters.regex has been granted superpowers and can now be applied to handlers that receive Message, CallbackQuery or InlineQuery (previously it was only working for Message updates). This made
Filters.callback_data obsolete which has been removed.
- Added support for basketball and football animation of the random dice. Choose between different animations (dice, darts, basketball, football) by specifying the emoji parameter in the method send_dice.
- Added search_global method for searching messages globally from all of your chats.
- CallbackQuery.answer optional arguments are now actually optional in code.
- Added the session name in log lines (contributed by @CrisMystik in #401).
- Added Filters.linked_channel to filter messages coming from the channel connected to the chat.
file_name to file-related functions (contributed by @demget in #308 and @saidgadjiev in #440).
- Logs in
DEBUG level will now show more relevant information about what is being sent and received.
- Updated the Bot API diagram in the documentation (minor graphical issues).
- No need to add
via_bot from Bot API v4.9 because Pyrogram already has it since long time ago.
- Added a
Message.link attribute to obtain the message link in form of a URL (contributed by @ColinTheShark in #442).
- Extended set_slow_mode to accept None as argument for disabling the slow mode.
parse_mode parameter to Client. Set your desired parse_mode when creating a client instance (contributed by @mendelmaleh in #443).
- send_document will now send actual documents, even when uploading a video file.
- Updated instructions for accessing test servers in tdesktop.
- Minor fixes and cleanups (also contributed by @alissonlauffer in #439).
- Fixed docs about update_profile (contributed by @CyanBook in #395).
- Fixed an issue in which messages sent with entities at the end of the text would result in messages without entities.
- Fixed some small typos in the documentation.
Filters.callback_data has been removed in favor of Filters.regex.