This is an important upgrade that brings performance improvements, bugfixes and security fixes. Upgrade is recommanded.
Massive performance improvements
- Improve indexation speed, compute checksums in parallel, batch events in many services: indexation of 10k files now takes a couple of minutes.
- Fix DB prepared statements count going too high
- Use new index format for Bleve-based services (needs manual reindexation, see Upgrade instructions)
- Fix idle CPU usage: can be as low as 2% for main process, below 0.5% for sub-processes
- Allow creating a local FS pointing to a Symbolic Link
- Fix Streaming on Encrypted Datasources
- Show specific status when starting datasources
- Prevent enabling Encryption with no Master Key
- Fix inter-datasource copy/move operations (especially between encrypted/clear datasources)
UX / APIs
- Easy Drag'n'drop between Workspaces and/or Cells. Dropping to a Cell shows a dialog to either move the file/folder to the Cell or add it as a new shared root.
- Copy/move task reports progress in UX
- Handle numeric sorting of Cells and Files. Add a quick filter on Cells.
- Diaporama supports left/right arrow keys for navigation, Esc for closing, fix sorting
- Add Markdown Preview in code editor
- Fix issue with thumbnails size on switching workspace
- Update VideoJS version
- Publish Share as Activity
- Additional parameters for upload requests timeout, for super-slow connections
- Add generic validation mechanism on Protos and apply automatically when reading pb entity in Rest API. Applied to DSName as an example.
- Fake synchronous API for WebDAV
- Reload Jobs automatically when a task is stuck in Pending Mode
- Allow unicode string usage in user attribute values (e.g. display name of users can use emoji).
- New Trigger Event on User modification
- Send groups deletion as background task, and pass a channel for handling objects as they are deleted
- Optimize events received by scheduler: add a NodesSelector at the Jobs level to avoid creating unnecessary tasks
- Scheduler actions: use TasksLogger instead of Logger
- Implement simple per-group tenancy by adjusting users policies.
- Fix corner cases on LDAP migration
- BasePluginsBox was registered two times.
- Change heuristic for computing license stat
- Vulnerabilities reported by 'Loginsoft Research' (CVEs to be submitted)
- Mailer: Sender control feature, Default sender display name, PR #58
- Better JSON serialization for exporting to ELK stack
- Add various subscribers for cleaning resources on user deletion. By default, personal folder is now renamed to a folder name with uuid.
You can find a summary of the change log here.