Here's a new release after a long while. The more experimental features and rewrites were pushed into
2.3.10 release however, is intended as stable prior to any big breaking changes.
We need more core developers. If you're interested, send a few pull requests and you'll be granted a commit bit.
Several areas are neglected:
- The module-agnostic core code needs another hand badly.
- Linux support isn't continuously tested, breaks often, and lags behind in features
- OSX-specific code is close to nonexistent. Keybindings don't work.
- The project's bus number has been
onesince 2012 and this needs to change.
- Windows XP isn't supported anymore (in official builds).
- CPUs are expected to have SSE3 (in official builds). It's been a decade or so.
- tracker/wiimote: by Wei Shuai @cpuwolf. Thanks for continuing development and great collaborative spirit.
- tracker/wiimote: implement automatic pairing with the Wiimote device (@cpuwolf)
- tracker/pt: the camera settings dialog now works!!! Thanks to @opencv for accepting the patch so quickly.
- tracker/pt: show brightness slider value and improve auto threshold
- tracker/pt: dynamic pose will fix itself when centering (for cap users)
- filter/accela: euthanize nonlinearity and smoothing options (confusing and useless for almost everyone)
- tracker/hatire: it's confirmed to work, and not necessary to use
- tracker/hatire: workaround bad input range on some devices
- fully portable mode (create
portable.txtin program dir)
- mappings: default max pitch output to 90 in graph. show more scales with lower max input selection.
- modules: errors during tracking start are now more clear, with messages specific to each error
- reltrans: add a mode that disables reltrans when close to center (for WW2 sim users).
- gui: fix on HiDPI screens, even when changing resolution
- tray: close button must always exit the whole program (reported by @albertolg)
- Reorganizing some core code that is too messy to understand. Done for 2.4.0 but needs heavy testing.
- proto/freetrack: fix heavily-reported bug. Needs lots of heavy testing before release. Postponed till 2.4.0.
- tracker/tobii: initial version postponed till 2.4.0.
- Support plugins for obscure functionality (partially implemented)
- Support Linux joystick input tracker (Linux-specific, low priority, pull requests welcome)
- this is the same version as the experimental build published some time ago
- Linux build fixes (reported by Artem Sobolev @ljgdasfhk)
- Improvements in keyboard/joystick code on Windows.
- Changes in how UI translation is handled.
- It should all work slightly faster now.
- You can test a translation by setting the
OTR_FORCE_LANGenvironment variable to the appropriate value, e.g.
ru_RU. This overrides your operating system's locale as well as "use English only.
- Lots of boring code changes only programmers understand. See commit log.
- @MathijsG, @Len62, @kzfr, @albertolg, @MrCapone, @cpuwolf -- bug reports
- @MathijsG, @Len62 -- answering user questions on the issue tracker
- Chinese translation -- (Wei Shuai @cpuwolf).
- updates to the Russian translation (Alex Orohovatski @mrsanchos).
- partial NL translation (Mathijs Groothuis @MathijsG).
Now, that was a mouthful. Please report bugs on either the issue tracker or via email, send to
sthalik at misaki pl. Please use email in cases where you don't want to register on Github.