This is a stable release
We haven't had critical bugs reported in a while so you can consider this release stable.
Changes since 2.3.0
- Russian translation updated by @mrsanchos, thank you!
- Allow setting max X value for mappings
- Allow a second keybinding for each function, e.g. one for joystick and second for keyboard.
- PT: with correct fov and model size in mm will show real-life distance in centimeters.
- Add "neck displacement" feature general for all input and output schemes.
- PT: add improved centering code by @DaMichel. It's particularly significant for LEDs shining evenly bright across their entire space.
- aruco: try different parameters if can't detect the marker
- mouse output: fix small differences not accumulating
- fix simconnect X axis sign
- hotfix1 the software now defaults to the camera center method in empty configs
- hotfix3 PT: show used radius for each point; this helps choose the correct slider position with auto-threshold.
- hotfix1 accidentally the cancel button and closing the dialogs didn't revert the settings to saved values
- hotfix1 pressing escape to close a dialog will now act like the cancel button also, before it never did
- hotfix2 hotfix1 broke saving the options dialog -- issue #557, reported by @hollywood156
- hotfix3 don't crash with camera preview on startup for PT and aruco; thanks to @mrsanchos for searching for affected users; thanks to paseznik for installing Visual Studio and allowing remote control of his PC!
- hotfix4 fix "max rotation/translation" selectable in mapping window only applying after the mapping window is first opened -- issue #568, reported by @flycrshish
The release logo was made by @mrsanchos. Thanks 🐈!
- Accela defaults changed. Rotation nonlinearity got documented in the settings dialog.
- PT camera only reopens if some of its settings were actually changed.
- Remove broken experimental center mode
- Fix process detector horizontal scrollbar that shouldn't be there
- Disable relative translation by default -- reported by @mrsanchos
- PT: enable auto threshold by default
- aruco: increase max detectable marker size -- requested by many since forever
- code quality changes in random places
- hotfix1 build system fixed relating to translation support -- in collaboration with @mrsanchos
- hotfix1 source code is installed fully now
- hotfix1 in case "invert" option is used, do it before transformations; relative pose and friends
- hotfix1 PT: the preview window's text and crosses look perfectly sharp and accurate now
- hotfix1 PT and aruco video preview don't slow down the user interface anymore
- hotfix1 PT: finding LED centers should be slightly more accurate now
- hotfix1 PT: in case we can't get a frame, don't use 100% of the CPU; wait for 100 ms before each attempt; don't try for 100 times, try only 5 times -- issue #552, reported by @MathijsG
- hotfix1 simplify, correct some code and move common code outside the
guimodule; simplify the keyboard listener in the options dialog
- hotfix1 correct layout in the options window -- fixes Russian translation issues
- hotfix1 fix build errors on Linux; it won't be officially supported despite that of course
- hotfix1 fix keyboard shortcuts on Linux; they won't block the key in the user interface, won't suddenly stop working etc
- hotfix2 fix memory leaks in the options system; now Valgrind is silent for "definite leaks" but see 1b01642dda7ae8bbf3e74a979ffcf7941a8ae2b9's long description.
- hotfix3 units for position in the mapping window are now shown as cm, not mm, as it ought to be; this is purely cosmetic
- hotfix4 fix Linux hotkeys. Linux users are expected to build directly from
unstableand aren't entitled to support however. This is an OS for developers.