🎉 🎉 🎉 OpenEBS 3.9 introduces new Mayastor features, and bug fixes. LVM LocalPV sees new enhancements to monitoring, refactors and other bug fixes.
Upgrade and Backward Incompatibilities
Please review this list prior to deciding to upgrade:
- Kubernetes 1.21 or higher release is recommended as this release uses features of Kubernetes that will not be compatible with older Kubernetes releases. Kubernetes 1.19.12 or higher is recommended for using Rawfile Local PV.
OpenEBS is a collection of data engines and operators to create different types of replicated and local persistent volumes for Kubernetes Stateful workloads. Kubernetes volumes can be provisioned via CSI Drivers or using Out-of-tree Provisioners. The status of the various components as of v3.9.0 are as follows:
- CSI Drivers
- Out-of-tree provisioners
- Other components
A detailed changelog is available under the component repositories listed above. Here is a quick summary of what has changed since the last release.
- Mayastor changes: https://github.com/openebs/mayastor/releases/tag/v2.4.0
- LVM LocalPV: Monitoring enhancement with more visibility through the metrics exporter
- LVM LocalPV: Bug fixes and refactors
Show your Support
Are you using or evaluating OpenEBS? You can help OpenEBS in its journey towards becoming a CNCF Incubation project by sharing your OpenEBS story and join the league of OpenEBS Adopters.
MANY THANKS to our existing contributors and for everyone helping OpenEBS Community going. @Abhinandan-Purkait @avishnu @blaisedias @chriswldenyer @mtzaurus @niladrih @tiagolobocastro @w3aman @abhilashshetty04 @rohan2794 @dsavitskiy @sinhaashish @datacore-vvarakantham @dsharma-dc @hrudaya21 @pchandra19 @milanhajek @r1jt @AJDatacore @avishnu
OpenEBS can be installed via
helm. Follow the installation instructions here.
The upgrade instructions for various OpenEBS engines are here.
Check our open issues uncovered through e2e and community testing.
Check out the Mayastor release notes for known Mayastor issues.
If you are having issues in setting up or upgrade, you can contact:
- OpenEBS Community for Support on Kubernetes Slack
- Raise an issue
- Subscribe and reach out on our OpenEBS CNCF Mailing lists
- Join Community Meetings