This is a release in the development (i.e. unstable) branch. For the stable version, follow the 2.2 branch and the 2.2.x releases.
- Adding the System V startup script (the "initscript") is now a configuration option. The default is to include it, so if you want to omit the installation of the initscript, add the configuration option
- Metadata support is now a compile-time option:
- A metadata feed has been added. Use the option
-M <pipe-directory>, e.g.
-M /tmp. Shairport Sync will provide metadata in a pipe called
<pipe-directory>/shairport-sync-metadata. There's a sample metadata reader at https://github.com/mikebrady/shairport-sync-metadata-reader. The format of the metadata is a mixture of XML-style tags, 4-character codes and base64 data. Please look at
player.cfor examples. Please note that the format of the metadata may change.
Beware: there appears to be a serious bug in iTunes, such that it may stall for a long period when sending large (more than a few hundred kilobytes) coverart images.
- Fix a bug when compiling for Arch Linux on Raspberry Pi 2 (thanks to https://github.com/joaodriessen).
- Fix a bug whereby if the ANNOUNCE and/or SETUP method fails, the play_lock mutex is never unlocked, thus blocking other clients from connecting. This can affect all types of users, but particularly Pulseaudio users. (Thanks to https://github.com/jclehner.)
- Modify the init script to start after all services are ready. Add in a commented-out sleep command if users find it necessary (thanks to https://github.com/BNoiZe).
- Two memory leaks fixed (thanks to https://github.com/pdgendt).
- An error handling time specifications for flushes was causing an audible glitch when pausing and resuming some tracks. This has been fixed (thanks to https://github.com/Hamster128).