2020.7.0 (16 July 2020)
- Support connecting to Jupyter hub servers. Use either the base url of the server (i.e. 'https://188.8.131.52:8000') or your user folder (i.e. 'https://184.108.40.206:8000/user/theuser).
Works with password authentication.
- Added "argsExpansion" to debugpy launch.json schema.
- The extension will now automatically load if a
pyproject.tomlfile is present in the workspace root directory.
(thanks Brandon White)
- Add ability to check and update whether a notebook is trusted.
- Support formatting of Notebook Cells when using the VS Code Insiders API for Notebooks.
- Added exporting notebooks to HTML.
- Change stock launch.json "attach" config to use "connect".
- Update to the latest version of
0.17.1). This brings completions for Django (via
django-stubs) as well as support for Python 3.9 and various bugfixes (mostly around generic type annotations). (thanks Peter Law)
- Prompt users that we have deleted pythonPath from their workspace settings when in
- Changed public API for execution to return an object and provide a callback which is called when interpreter setting changes.
- Allow users to opt out of us checking whether their notebooks can be trusted. This setting is turned off by default and must be manually enabled.
- Include the JUPYTER_PATH environment variable when searching the disk for kernels.
- Added exporting to python, HTML and PDF from the interactive window.
- Show a prompt asking user to upgrade Code runner to new version to keep using it when in Deprecate PythonPath experiment.
- Opening notebooks in the preview Notebook editor for Visual Studio Code Insiders.
- Ensure we only have a single isort process running on a single file.
- Provided a method for external partners to participate in jupyter server URI picking/authentication.
- Check for hideFromUser before activating current terminal.
- In Markdown cells, turn HTML links to markdown links so that nteract renders them.
- Prevent incorrect ipywidget display (double plots) due to synchronization issues.
- Removed the Kernel Selection toolbar from the Interactive Window when using a local Jupyter Server.
To show it again, set the setting 'Python > Data Science > Show Kernel Selection On Interactive Window'.
- Get Jupyter connections to work with a Windows store installed Python/Jupyter combination.
- Disable hover intellisense in the interactive window unless the code is expanded.
- Make layout of markdown editors much faster to open.
- Watermark in the interactive window can appear on top of entered text.
- Jupyter can fail to run a kernel if the user's environment contains non string values.
- On Mac meta+Z commands are performing both cell and editor undos.
- Paste can sometimes double paste into a notebook or interactive window editor.
- Fix jupyter connections going down when azure-storage or other extensions with node-fetch are installed.
- Variables should not flash when running by line.
- Discard changes on Notebooks when the user selects 'Don't Save' on the save changes dialog.
Extract variable & methodcommands in
- Disable linting in Notebook Cells.
- Register services before extension activates.
- Infinite loop of asking to reload the extension when enabling custom editor.
- Fix raw kernel autostart and remove jupyter execution from interactive base.
- If we fail to start a raw kernel daemon then fall back to using process execution.
- Fix the export button from the interactive window to export again.
- Process Jupyter messages synchronously when possible.
- Open variable explorer when opening variable explorer during debugging.
- Use the given interpreter for launching the non-daemon python
- Correct the color of the 'Collapse All' button in the Interactive Window
- Move all logging to the Python output channel.
- Add a functional test that opens both the interactive window and a notebook at the same time.
- Added setting
python.logging.levelwhich carries the logging level value the extension will log at.
console.*calls to the logger only in CI.
- Replace python.dataScience.ptvsdDistPath with python.dataScience.debugpyDistPath.
- Rename ptvsd to debugpy in Telemetry.
- Update JSDoc annotations for many of the APIs (thanks Anthony Shaw)
LinterIdto an enum instead of a string union.
(thanks to Anthony Shaw)
- Remove webserver used to host contents in WebViews.
- Inline interface due to issues with custom types when using
- Fix linux nightly tests so they run and report results. Also seems to get rid of stream destroyed messages for raw kernel.
- Log ExP experiments the user belongs to in the output panel.
- Add more telemetry for "Select Interpreter" command.
- Add tests for trusted notebooks.
- Update categories in
Thanks to the following projects which we fully rely on to provide some of
- Microsoft Python Language Server
- exuberant ctags (user-installed)
- rope (user-installed)
Also thanks to the various projects we provide integrations with which help
make this extension useful:
- Debugging support:
- Interpreter support:
And finally thanks to the Python development team and
community for creating a fantastic programming language and community to be a