December Public Preview 0.24.1
December Public Preview 0.24.1 is a refresh release that picks up several bugs fixes across all feature areas, as well as a handful of highlights. See the full CHANGELOG for additional details.
- Azure Integration with Create Firewall Rule
- Windows Setup, Linux DEB and Linux RPM installation packages
- Manage Dashboard visual layout editor
- Script As Alter and Script As Execute commands
- Integrate VS Code 1.18.1 editor platform
- Enable Sideloading of VSIX Extension files
- Support "GO N" batch iteration syntax
- "Run Current Query with Actual Plan" command
Azure Integration with Create Firewall Rule
One of the more exciting features enabled in the December release is Azure Integration with Create Firewall Rule dialog. When a connection to an Azure SQL DB instance fails due to a server firewall rule the Create Firewall Rule dialog will allow the user to use their Azure subscription account to automatically configure the client IP address with the server.
Windows Setup, Linux DEB and Linux RPM installation packages
Windows Setup, Linux DEB and Linux RPM installation packages simplify and speed-up product acquisition. Our next steps are to support auto-updates and provide a more frequent insiders build.
"Run Current Query with Actual Plan" command
There is now a command "Run Current Query with Actual Plan" which will execute the current query and return the actual execution plan with the query results. This feature area is still in-progress as we work through the best UX for integrate this command directly into the query editor. While that design work is in-progress the functionality is still available via the Command Palette and you can define a keyboard shortcut if using this feature frequently.