April Preview Insiders Build 0.28.1
The April Preview Insiders Build 0.28.1 is this month's initial test build. Note that the
Insiders builds are based directly off master with little stabilization. We publish these for users that would like access to the very latest updates. If you prefer a more stable build check out the March Public Preview.
The most significant highlight for this build is the Visual Studio Code 1.21 platform source code refresh. This brings in several updates to the core editor and workbench from the previous 1.19 sync point. Some examples include the following.
- New Notifications UI - Easily manage and review SQL Ops Studio notifications.
- Integrated Terminal splitting - Work with multiple open terminals at once.
- Save large and protected files - Save Admin protected and >256M files within SQL Ops Studio.
- Improved large file support - Text buffer optimizations for large files.
- Improved Settings search - Easily find the right setting with natural language search.
- Global snippets - Create snippets you can use across all file types.
- Explorer multi-selection - Perform actions on multiple files at once.
- Errors & warnings in Explorer - Quickly navigate to errors in your code base.
- Drag & drop, copy & paste across windows - Move files across open SQL Ops Studio windows.
- Git submodule support - Perform Git operations on nested Git repositories.
- Terminal screen reader support - Integrated Terminal now has "Screen Reader Optimized" mode.
- Centered editor layout - Maximize your code viewing screen real estate.
- PREVIEW: Horizontal search results - You can now view search results in a horizontal panel.
Contributions and "thank you"
We would like to thank all our users who raised issues, and in particular the following users who helped contribute fixes:
- flyfishingdba for
Add square brackets for ms_foreachdb call (#1023)