Workaround release - no functional change
At the 23.10.2026 GitHub as rolled out a change causing a issue in the GitHub API client implementation of HACS - this HACS issue affects all integrations or custom cards that make use of
hacs.json
...
"zip_release": true,
...
Even if my initial commit message was different - I can not blame HACS for the issue! - GitHub decided to increase the Content-Security-Policy header up to 9,217-byte on release downloads, exceeding aiohttp's default 8,190-byte response-header limit. So who you want to blame? GitHub, aiohttp, HACS or the integration?
With this workaround release the "zip_release": true, will be removed from the hacs.json - which should allow you to install/update the integration via HACS without the need waiting for an appropriate handling of zip_release after the changes made @ github. So no need to wait for the release of HACS PR+5644 & HACS PR+5649 which is IMHO anyhow in question since HACS will be migrated into HA as default marketplace with HA 2026.11.
I apologize – some of my recent reactions have been inappropriate
Perhaps it’s part of a midlife crisis, or maybe it’s because another summer has come to an end—or perhaps it’s simply the weather or the state of global affairs on our planet.
I currently maintain nine different HA (Home Assistant) integrations, and on some days, I find myself feeling overwhelmed by one issue or another.
I’m only human, after all—and humans make mistakes. My apologies.
Please consider supporting me
Thanks to everybody who have already supported me in the past weeks or month that is really highly appreciated! Sometimes it has been a though journey. To the other users of this integration: I am putting quite an amount of energy and passion into this integration. Perhaps you could give yourself a little push (if you can afford it) and become a sponsor.
If you haven't starred this integration in Github yet - please do so - TIA