Performance and resiliency improvements.
Volume topology support for block volumes.
- If you use the Beta topology feature in your current version of vSphere Container Storage Plug-in, do not upgrade to version 2.4.0. Upgrade to the patch version 2.4.1.
- If you use the Beta topology feature with the in-tree vSphere Cloud Provider, do not migrate to vSphere Container Storage Plug-in version 2.4.0. Instead, you can directly upgrade to version 2.4.1 and above, as long as you are using Kubernetes version less than 1.22.
- If you are not using the Beta topology feature, you can safely upgrade to vSphere Container Storage Plug-in version 2.4.0.
Volume topology GA support for block volumes is available only in greenfield deployments.
Support for Kubernetes version 1.22.
Enhanced the idempotency handling logic of vSphere Container Storage Plug-in in the following scenarios:
- Restarts of vSphere Container Storage Plug-in during in-flight CreateVolume operations will not result in the creation of an orphan volume on the datastore.
- In case of multi-master setups with multiple vSphere Container Storage Plug-in controller replicas, a change of leader during an in-flight CreateVolume operation will not result in the creation of an orphan volume on the datastore.
Windows node support is added as an Alpha feature.
Volume snapshot support is added as an Alpha feature.
Refer to https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere-Container-Storage-Plug-in/index.html for more details