- Online Volume Expansion. Refer to Volume Expansion documentation for detail.
- Added support for running vSphere CSI driver on VMware Cloud™ on AWS (VMC). VMC will only support block volume for now.
- Datastore privilege check to filter out shared datastores which do not have
Datastore.FileManagementprivilege. Refer to notes provided for
CNS-DATASTORErole at vSphere Roles and Privileges
- Telemetry collection support using
cluster-distributionfield in the vSphere Config Secret. Refer to notes provided for
cluster-distributionin vSphere configuration secret.
- Bug fixes
- Fixed recreating static file share volume with the same PV name. (#546, @chethanv28)
- Fixed metadata syncer to disallow deleting volume physically from the datastore when PV is deleted by user. (#568, @chethanv28)
- Fixed VCP to CSI Migration to support datastore path in the volume handle. (#643, @chethanv28)
- Fixed CSI full sync not registering volumes and was failing with
Duplicated entity for each entity type in one cluster. (#671, @lipingxue)
- Fixed volume provisioning when empty datacenter is present in the vCenter inventory. (#690, @shalini-b)
Refer to https://vsphere-csi-driver.sigs.k8s.io/releases/v2.2.0.html for more detail