- Initial release with CPython 3.10 final (3.10.0)
- CPython 3.9.6 upgraded to 3.9.7.
- CPython 3.8.11 upgraded to 3.8.12.
- pip upgraded from 21.1.3 to 21.2.4.
- setuptools upgraded from 57.4.0 to 58.1.0.
- OpenSSL upgraded from 1.1.1k to 1.1.1l.
- libedit upgraded from 20210714-3.1 to 20210910-3.1.
- gdbm upgraded from 1.18.1 to 1.21.
- macOS builds are all now produced on macOS 11 against the 11.3 SDK. x86_64 builds still target macOS 10.9+.
- Cross-compiled Linux distributions should now have a functional pip install.
- Windows distributions no longer have
pip.exeexecutables since they didn't work.
- CPython 3.10 builds use libedit instead of readline as the backend for the
readlineextension. This effectively removes a GPL dependency.
- CPython 3.10 no longer contains the
- CPython 3.10 builds no longer link against any GPL licensed components and should no longer be subject to copyleft licensing.