- CPython 3.8 upgraded from 3.8.10 to 3.8.11.
- CPython 3.9 upgraded from 3.9.5 to 3.9.6.
- LLVM/Clang upgraded from 12.0.0 to 12.0.1.
- libedit upgraded from 20210216-3.1 to 20210714-3.1.
- LibreSSL upgraded from 3.2.5 to 3.3.3.
- pip upgraded from 21.1.1 to 21.1.3.
- setuptools upgraded from 56.1.0 to 57.4.0.
- SQLite upgraded from 3.35.5 to 3.36.0.
- Shebangs in scripts have been rewritten so they should now pick up the Python distribution in the archive. This means
pip3and other Python scripts should now work correctly.
CoreFoundationis properly listed as a
tkinterdependency in macOS distributions.
- ELF binaries in Linux distributions have a
DT_NEEDEDto force relative path loading.
- macOS distributions now reference
/private/etc/sslas the OpenSSL directory.
- macOS distributions no longer build libedit and ncurses and instead use the system installed libraries.
- There are now various
*-install_only-*.tar.gzrelease artifacts containing a gzipped tar archive of just the Python installation. These artifacts can be more readily consumed by tools just wanting to run a Python interpreter.