- Python 3.8 upgraded from 3.8.6 to 3.8.7
- Python 3.9 upgraded from 3.9.0 to 3.9.1
- Releases are now produced from GitHub Actions, which also powers the new CI for this project.
- macOS distributions no longer utilize
gettext. This is a regression, as the
localemodule no longer has certain functionality. However, it was needed to avoid GPL licensing issues and the new behavior matches that of the Linux distributions.
- macOS debug builds now properly reference the libpython dylib.
- Support for build Python 3.7 has been dropped because it made the code unnecessarily complex.
- LibreSSL upgraded from 3.2.2 to 3.2.3 (only affects Linux musl distributions).
- OpenSSL upgraded from 1.1.1h to 1.1.1i.
- pip upgraded from 20.2.4 to 20.3.3.
- setuptools upgraded from 50.3.2 to 51.1.1.
- sqlite upgraded from 3.33.0 to 3.34.0.