- Python 3.8 upgraded to 3.8.3.
- OpenSSL upgraded to 1.1.1g.
- LibreSSL upgraded to 3.1.1.
- Linux build environment upgraded from Debian Wheezy to Jessie. This means the minimum version of glibc required has increased and the oldest glibc version that binaries will run on was released in 2014.
- Linux and macOS distribution now contain a dynamically linked
libpython. Distributions contain both a dynamic and static
- macOS distributions now ship with their own build of tcl/tk 8.6. Previously, they relied on the system's tcl/tk 8.5.
libncursesis now built with Unicode support.
- Windows static builds for Python 3.8 are now provided.
- Windows static builds no longer link against the Microsoft CRT and no longer have a dependency on