Overview of changes leading to 2.7.0
Saturday, July 25, 2020
- Use an implementation for round that always rounds up, some minor fluctuations
are expected on var font specially when hb-ot callback is used.
- Fix an AAT's
kerxissue on broken rendering of Devanagari Sangam MN.
- Remove AAT's
lcartable support from _get_ligature_carets API, not even much
use on macOS installed fonts (only two files). GDEF support is the recommended
one and expected to work properly after issues fixed two releases ago.
- Minor memory fixes to handle OOM better specially in hb-ft.
- Minor .so files versioning scheme change and remove stable/unstable scheme
differences, was never used in practice (always default to stable scheme).
- We are now suggesting careful packaging of the library using meson,
for more information.
- Distribution package URL is changed, either use GitHub generated tarballs,
or, even more preferably use commit hash of the release and git checkouts like,