Geth v1.9.21 is a regular maintenance release, the highlights being the removal of whisper, better call tracing and multiple memory stability fixes during fast sync to both stabilize usage as well as to fix a memory leak that lead to crashers before.
- Remove Whisper as promised a couple months ago (#21487, #21526, #21527)!
- Minor user experience polishes around legacy Ledger derivation paths (#21517).
- Implement arbitrary call tracing via
debug_traceCallon top of arbitrary blocks (#21338).
- Expose internal transaction revertals and revert reason in the
- Cap the number of in-memory trie nodes during fast sync, fix crasher memory leak (#21491).
- Prepare the trie syncer for path-based operation to support the upcoming
- Limit the cached data in the downloader more aggressively to avoid memory fluctuations (#21366).
- Fix the simulated chain to not allow changing block timestamps if transactions were included (#21334).
- Fix an ABI parser issue around tuples (#21501).
For a full rundown of the changes please consult the Geth 1.9.21 release milestone
As with all our previous releases, you can find the: