Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Overall D3D9 performance improvements
- Improved depth bias implementation in D3D9. This fixes rendering issues like missing shadows and decals in a lot of titles.
- Fixed a bug where some D3D9 games would crash with a divide by zero error on launch
- Fixed incorrect specular rendering in many D3D9 games using Pixel Shader 1.x
- Restored functionality of the
dxvk.hudconfiguration option which was accidentally removed in 1.5. (#1279)
- Tweaked number of threads used for pipeline compilation. This was done to reduce the performance impact on common 6-core and 8-core CPUs while also allowing newer CPUs with more than 12 cores to use more threads.
Note that this can still be customized with the
- GTA V: Fixed a regression that would cause extremely poor performance when enabling Vsync in full-screen mode (#1314)
- Halo CE: Fixed shield and glass rendering in Halo and Halo CE (#1309)
- Need For Speed: Carbon: Fixed blur effect (#1295)
- Risen 2: Fixed inventory in not rendering (#1290)
- Sims 4: Fixed a crash when changing to/from fullscreen (#1304)
- Trackmania Forever: Fixed crash on startup (#1278)
- Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines: Fixed an issue with the game window being a small box when using fullscreen mode with a non-native resolution.