To install the command line tools, please see dcrinstaller.
See manifest-v1.2.0.txt, and the package specific manifest files for sha256 sums and the associated .asc files to confirm those shas.
See README.md for more info on verifying the files.
This release of dcrd contains significant performance enhancements,
infrastructure improvements, improved access to chain-related information for
providing better SPV (Simplified Payment Verification) support, and other
quality assurance changes.
A significant amount of infrastructure work has also been done this release
cycle towards being able to support several planned scalability optimizations.
The database format in v1.2.0 is not compatible with previous versions of the
software. This only affects downgrades as users upgrading from previous
versions will see a one time database migration.
Once this migration has been completed, it will no longer be possible to
downgrade to a previous version of the software without having to delete the
database and redownload the chain.
Significantly Faster Startup
The startup time has been improved by roughly 17x on slower hard disk drives
(HDDs) and 8x on solid state drives (SSDs).
In order to achieve these speedups, there is a one time database migration, as
previously mentioned, that will likely take a while to complete (typically
around 5 to 6 minutes on HDDs and 2 to 3 minutes on SSDs).
Support For DNS Seed Filtering
In order to better support the forthcoming SPV wallets, support for finding
other peers based upon their enabled services has been added. This is useful
for both SPV wallets and full nodes since SPV wallets will require access to
full nodes in order to retrieve the necessary proofs and full nodes are
generally not interested in making outgoing connections to SPV wallets.
With the intention of supporting light clients, such as SPV wallets, in a
privacy-preserving way while still minimizing the amount of data that needs to
be downloaded, this release adds support for committed filters. A committed
filter is a combination of a probalistic data structure that is used to test
whether an element is a member of a set with a predetermined collision
probability along with a commitment by consensus-validating full nodes to that
A committed filter is created for every block which allows light clients to
download the filters and match against them locally rather than uploading
personal data to other nodes.
A new service flag is also provided to allow clients to discover nodes that
provide access to filters.
There is a one time database update to build and store the filters for all
existing historical blocks which will likely take a while to complete (typically
around 2 to 3 minutes on HDDs and 1 to 1.5 minutes on SSDs).
Updated Atomic Swap Contracts
The standard checks for atomic swap contracts have been updated to ensure the
contracts enforce the secret size for safer support between chains with
disparate script rules.
RPC Server Changes
A new RPC named
getchaintips has been added which allows callers to query
information about the status of known side chains and their branch lengths.
It currently only provides support for side chains that have been seen while the
current instance of the process is running. This will be further improved in
All commits since the last release may be viewed on GitHub here.
Protocol and network:
- chaincfg: Add checkpoints for 1.2.0 release (decred/dcrd#1139)
- chaincfg: Introduce new type DNSSeed (decred/dcrd#961)
- blockmanager: sync with the most updated peer (decred/dcrd#984)
- multi: remove MsgAlert (decred/dcrd#1161)
- multi: Add initial committed filter (CF) support (decred/dcrd#1151)
Transaction relay (memory pool):
- txscript: Correct nulldata standardness check (decred/dcrd#935)
- mempool: Optimize orphan map limiting (decred/dcrd#1117)
- mining: Fix duplicate txns in the prio heap (decred/dcrd#1108)
- mining: Stop transactions losing their dependants (decred/dcrd#1109)
- rpcserver: skip cert create when RPC is disabled (decred/dcrd#949)
- rpcserver: remove redundant checks in blockTemplateResult (decred/dcrd#826)
- rpcserver: assert network for validateaddress rpc (decred/dcrd#963)
- rpcserver: Do not rebroadcast stake transactions (decred/dcrd#973)
- dcrjson: add ticket fee field to PurchaseTicketCmd (decred/dcrd#902)
- dcrwalletextcmds: remove getseed (decred/dcrd#985)
- dcrjson: Add SweepAccountCmd & SweepAccountResult (decred/dcrd#1027)
- rpcserver: add sweepaccount to the wallet list of commands (decred/dcrd#1028)
- rpcserver: add batched request support (json 2.0) (decred/dcrd#841)
- dcrjson: include summary totals in GetBalanceResult (decred/dcrd#1062)
- multi: Implement getchaintips JSON-RPC (decred/dcrd#1098)
- rpcserver: Add dcrd version info to getversion RPC (decred/dcrd#1097)
- rpcserver: Correct getblockheader result text (decred/dcrd#1104)
- dcrjson: add StartAutoBuyerCmd & StopAutoBuyerCmd (decred/dcrd#903)
- dcrjson: fix typo for StartAutoBuyerCmd (decred/dcrd#1146)
- dcrjson: require passphrase for StartAutoBuyerCmd (decred/dcrd#1147)
- dcrjson: fix StopAutoBuyerCmd registration bug (decred/dcrd#1148)
- blockchain: Support testnet stake diff estimation (decred/dcrd#1115)
- rpcserver: fix jsonRPCRead data race (decred/dcrd#1157)
- dcrjson: Add VerifySeedCmd (decred/dcrd#1160)
dcrd command-line flags and configuration:
- mempool: Rename RelayNonStd config option (decred/dcrd#1024)
- sampleconfig: Update min relay fee (decred/dcrd#959)
- sampleconfig: Correct comment (decred/dcrd#1063)
- multi: Expand ~ to correct home directory on all OSes (decred/dcrd#1041)
checkdevpremine utility changes:
- checkdevpremine: Remove --skipverify option (decred/dcrd#969)
- checkdevpremine: Implement --notls option (decred/dcrd#969)
- checkdevpremine: Make file naming consistent (decred/dcrd#969)
- checkdevpremine: Fix comment (decred/dcrd#969)
- checkdevpremine: Remove utility (decred/dcrd#1068)
- fullblocktests: Add missing doc.go file (decred/dcrd#956)
- docs: Add fullblocktests entry and make consistent (decred/dcrd#956)
- docs: Add mempool entry to developer tools section (decred/dcrd#1058)
- mempool: Add docs.go and flesh out README.md (decred/dcrd#1058)
- docs: document packages and fix typo (decred/dcrd#965)
- docs: rpcclient is now part of the main dcrd repo (decred/dcrd#970)
- dcrjson: Update README.md (decred/dcrd#982)
- docs: Remove carriage return (decred/dcrd#1106)
- Adjust README.md for new Go version (decred/dcrd#1105)
- docs: document how to use go test -coverprofile (decred/dcrd#1107)
- addrmgr: Improve documentation (decred/dcrd#1125)
- docs: Fix links for internal packages (decred/dcrd#1144)
Developer-related package changes:
- chaingen: Add revocation generation infrastructure (decred/dcrd#1120)
- txscript: Add null data script creator (decred/dcrd#943)
- txscript: Cleanup and improve NullDataScript tests (decred/dcrd#943)
- txscript: Allow external signature hash calc (decred/dcrd#951)
- secp256k1: update func signatures (decred/dcrd#934)
- txscript: enforce MaxDataCarrierSize for GenerateProvablyPruneableOut (decred/dcrd#953)
- txscript: Remove OP_SMALLDATA (decred/dcrd#954)
- blockchain: Accept header in CheckProofOfWork (decred/dcrd#977)
- blockchain: Make func definition style consistent (decred/dcrd#983)
- blockchain: only fetch the parent block in BFFastAdd (decred/dcrd#972)
- blockchain: Switch to FindSpentTicketsInBlock (decred/dcrd#915)
- stake: Add Hash256PRNG init vector support (decred/dcrd#986)
- blockchain/stake: Use Hash256PRNG init vector (decred/dcrd#987)
- blockchain: Don't store full header in block node (decred/dcrd#988)
- blockchain: Reconstruct headers from block nodes (decred/dcrd#989)
- stake/multi: Don't return errors for IsX functions (decred/dcrd#995)
- blockchain: Rename block index to main chain index (decred/dcrd#996)
- blockchain: Refactor main block index logic (decred/dcrd#990)
- blockchain: Use hash values in structs (decred/dcrd#992)
- blockchain: Remove unused dump function (decred/dcrd#1001)
- blockchain: Generalize and optimize chain reorg (decred/dcrd#997)
- blockchain: Pass parent block in connection code (decred/dcrd#998)
- blockchain: Explicit block fetch semanticss (decred/dcrd#999)
- blockchain: Use next detach block in reorg chain (decred/dcrd#1002)
- blockchain: Limit header sanity check to header (decred/dcrd#1003)
- blockchain: Validate num votes in header sanity (decred/dcrd#1005)
- blockchain: Validate max votes in header sanity (decred/dcrd#1006)
- blockchain: Validate stake diff in header context (decred/dcrd#1004)
- blockchain: No votes/revocations in header sanity (decred/dcrd#1007)
- blockchain: Validate max purchases in header sanity (decred/dcrd#1008)
- blockchain: Validate early votebits in header sanity (decred/dcrd#1009)
- blockchain: Validate block height in header context (decred/dcrd#1010)
- blockchain: Move check block context func (decred/dcrd#1011)
- blockchain: Block sanity cleanup and consistency (decred/dcrd#1012)
- blockchain: Remove dup ticket purchase value check (decred/dcrd#1013)
- blockchain: Only tickets before SVH in block sanity (decred/dcrd#1014)
- blockchain: Remove unused vote bits function (decred/dcrd#1015)
- blockchain: Move upgrade-only code to upgrade.go (decred/dcrd#1016)
- stake: Static assert of vote commitment (decred/dcrd#1020)
- blockchain: Remove unused error code (decred/dcrd#1021)
- blockchain: Improve readability of parent approval (decred/dcrd#1022)
- peer: rename mruinvmap, mrunoncemap to lruinvmap, lrunoncemap (decred/dcrd#976)
- peer: rename noncemap to noncecache (decred/dcrd#976)
- peer: rename inventorymap to inventorycache (decred/dcrd#976)
- connmgr: convert state to atomic (decred/dcrd#1025)
- blockchain/mining: Full checks in CCB (decred/dcrd#1017)
- blockchain: Validate pool size in header context (decred/dcrd#1018)
- blockchain: Vote commitments in block sanity (decred/dcrd#1023)
- blockchain: Validate early final state is zero (decred/dcrd#1031)
- blockchain: Validate final state in header context (decred/dcrd#1034)
- blockchain: Max revocations in block sanity (decred/dcrd#1034)
- blockchain: Allowed stake txns in block sanity (decred/dcrd#1035)
- blockchain: Validate allowed votes in block context (decred/dcrd#1036)
- blockchain: Validate allowed revokes in blk contxt (decred/dcrd#1037)
- blockchain/stake: Rename tix spent to tix voted (decred/dcrd#1038)
- txscript: Require atomic swap contracts to specify the secret size (decred/dcrd#1039)
- blockchain: Remove unused struct (decred/dcrd#1043)
- blockchain: Store side chain blocks in database (decred/dcrd#1000)
- blockchain: Simplify initial chain state (decred/dcrd#1045)
- blockchain: Rework database versioning (decred/dcrd#1047)
- blockchain: Don't require chain for db upgrades (decred/dcrd#1051)
- blockchain/indexers: Allow interrupts (decred/dcrd#1052)
- blockchain: Remove old version information (decred/dcrd#1055)
- stake: optimize FindSpentTicketsInBlock slightly (decred/dcrd#1049)
- blockchain: Do not accept orphans/genesis block (decred/dcrd#1057)
- blockchain: Separate node ticket info population (decred/dcrd#1056)
- blockchain: Accept parent in blockNode constructor (decred/dcrd#1056)
- blockchain: Combine ErrDoubleSpend & ErrMissingTx (decred/dcrd#1064)
- blockchain: Calculate the lottery IV on demand (decred/dcrd#1065)
- blockchain: Simplify add/remove node logic (decred/dcrd#1067)
- blockchain: Infrastructure to manage block index (decred/dcrd#1044)
- blockchain: Add block validation status to index (decred/dcrd#1044)
- blockchain: Migrate to new block indexuse it (decred/dcrd#1044)
- blockchain: Lookup child in force head reorg (decred/dcrd#1070)
- blockchain: Refactor block idx entry serialization (decred/dcrd#1069)
- blockchain: Limit GetStakeVersions count (decred/dcrd#1071)
- blockchain: Remove dry run flag (decred/dcrd#1073)
- blockchain: Remove redundant stake ver calc func (decred/dcrd#1087)
- blockchain: Reduce GetGeneration to TipGeneration (decred/dcrd#1083)
- blockchain: Add chain tip tracking (decred/dcrd#1084)
- blockchain: Switch tip generation to chain tips (decred/dcrd#1085)
- blockchain: Simplify voter version calculation (decred/dcrd#1088)
- blockchain: Remove unused threshold serialization (decred/dcrd#1092)
- blockchain: Simplify chain tip tracking (decred/dcrd#1092)
- blockchain: Cache tip and parent at init (decred/dcrd#1100)
- mining: Obtain block by hash instead of top block (decred/dcrd#1094)
- blockchain: Remove unused GetTopBlock function (decred/dcrd#1094)
- multi: Rename BIP0111Version to NodeBloomVersion (decred/dcrd#1112)
- mining/mempool: Move priority code to mining pkg (decred/dcrd#1110)
- mining: Use single uint64 coinbase extra nonce (decred/dcrd#1116)
- mempool/mining: Clarify tree validity semantics (decred/dcrd#1118)
- mempool/mining: TxSource separation (decred/dcrd#1119)
- connmgr: Use same Dial func signature as net.Dial (decred/dcrd#1113)
- addrmgr: Declutter package API (decred/dcrd#1124)
- mining: Correct initial template generation (decred/dcrd#1122)
- cpuminer: Use header for extra nonce (decred/dcrd#1123)
- addrmgr: Make writing of peers file safer (decred/dcrd#1126)
- addrmgr: Save peers file only if necessary (decred/dcrd#1127)
- addrmgr: Factor out common code (decred/dcrd#1138)
- addrmgr: Improve isBad() performance (decred/dcrd#1134)
- dcrutil: Disallow creation of hybrid P2PK addrs (decred/dcrd#1154)
- chainec/dcrec: Remove hybrid pubkey support (decred/dcrd#1155)
- blockchain: Only fetch inputs once in connect txns (decred/dcrd#1152)
- indexers: Provide interface for index removal (decred/dcrd#1158)
Testing and Quality Assurance:
- travis: set GOVERSION environment properly (decred/dcrd#958)
- stake: Override false positive vet error (decred/dcrd#960)
- docs: make example code compile (decred/dcrd#970)
- blockchain: Add median time tests (decred/dcrd#991)
- chaingen: Update vote commitments on hdr updates (decred/dcrd#1023)
- fullblocktests: Add tests for early final state (decred/dcrd#1031)
- travis: test in docker container (decred/dcrd#1053)
- blockchain: Correct error stringer tests (decred/dcrd#1066)
- blockchain: Remove superfluous reorg tests (decred/dcrd#1072)
- blockchain: Use chaingen for forced reorg tests (decred/dcrd#1074)
- blockchain: Remove superfluous test checks (decred/dcrd#1075)
- blockchain: move block validation rule tests into fullblocktests (decred/dcrd#1060)
- fullblocktests: Cleanup after refactor (decred/dcrd#1080)
- chaingen: Prevent dup block names in NextBlock (decred/dcrd#1079)
- blockchain: Remove duplicate val tests (decred/dcrd#1082)
- chaingen: Break dependency on blockchain (decred/dcrd#1076)
- blockchain: Consolidate tests into the main package (decred/dcrd#1077)
- chaingen: Export vote commitment script function (decred/dcrd#1081)
- fullblocktests: Improve vote on wrong block tests (decred/dcrd#1081)
- chaingen: Export func to check if block is solved (decred/dcrd#1089)
- fullblocktests: Use new exported IsSolved func (decred/dcrd#1089)
- chaingen: Accept mungers for create premine block (decred/dcrd#1090)
- blockchain: Add tests for chain tip tracking (decred/dcrd#1096)
- blockchain: move block validation rule tests into fullblocktests (2/x) (decred/dcrd#1095)
- addrmgr: Remove obsolete coverage script (decred/dcrd#1103)
- chaingen: Track expected blk heights separately (decred/dcrd#1101)
- addrmgr: Improve test coverage (decred/dcrd#1111)
- chaingen: Add revocation generation infrastructure (decred/dcrd#1120)
- fullblocktests: Add some basic revocation tests (decred/dcrd#1121)
- addrmgr: Test removal of corrupt peers file (decred/dcrd#1129)
- release: Bump for v1.2.0 (decred/dcrd#1140)
- goimports -w . (decred/dcrd#968)
- dep: sync (decred/dcrd#980)
- multi: Simplify code per gosimple linter (decred/dcrd#993)
- multi: various cleanups (decred/dcrd#1019)
- multi: release the mutex earlier (decred/dcrd#1026)
- multi: fix some maligned linter warnings (decred/dcrd#1025)
- blockchain: Correct a few log statements (decred/dcrd#1042)
- mempool: cleaner (decred/dcrd#1050)
- multi: fix misspell linter warnings (decred/dcrd#1054)
- dep: sync (decred/dcrd#1091)
- multi: Properly capitalize Decred (decred/dcrd#1102)
- build: Correct semver build handling (decred/dcrd#1097)
- main: Make func definition style consistent (decred/dcrd#1114)
- main: Allow semver prerel via linker flags (decred/dcrd#1128)
Code Contributors (alphabetical order):
- Andrew Chiw
- Daniel Krawsiz
- Dave Collins
- David Hill
- Donald Adu-Poku
- Javed Khan
- Jolan Luff
- Jon Gillham
- Josh Rickmar
- Markus Richter
- Matheus Degiovani
- Ryan Vacek
This release provides bug fixes for issues reported by users as well as new RPC
features and additions which are required for Decrediton and Politeia. SPV work
is ongoing but these changes will not land until a future release and after most
of the network nodes are running with committed filter support.
This release contains a database upgrade and once upgraded it is not possible
to downgrade to previous wallet releases without performing a seed restore with
the old version.
Orphan votes (votes which have become invalid for the new main chain tip block
after a reorg or missed vote) are now rejected from reentering the wallet if
still notified by dcrd.
Watching only wallets are now usable again, after a breaking change to them
introduced in the 1.1.2 release.
The transaction fee when purchasing tickets with the
WalletService.PurchaseTicketsgRPC methods will now fallback to the
wallet's configured fee rate if not specified by the RPC request.
Various gRPC methods which allowed specifying 0 DCR as a target amount (e.g.
WalletService.FundTransaction) now follow their documentation and will
return or use as many unspent outputs as possible.
Outputs of transactions with an expiry set are not spendable by consensus
rules until having reached coinbase maturity. These outputs are no longer
returned or used when selecting previous outputs to create new transactions.
A new gRPC method
WalletService.UnspentOutputshas been added to return a
stream of all wallet unspent outputs. Outputs may be filtered by their
associated account and required confirmations, as well as stopping once a
total target amount has been reached or exceeded.
A new gRPC method
WalletService.BestBlockhas been added which will return
the hash and height of the current main chain tip block. Previously, this
information was only available as a unary RPC with the
The gRPC method
WalletService.GetTicketswill paginate results if called
with a new target ticket count parameter.
A new gRPC method
WalletService.CommittedTicketshas been added to find
ticket purchase hashes specified by the request where the largest P2PKH
commitment amount is controlled by the wallet. The commitment address is
additionally returned by the result.
A new gRPC method
WalletService.SignMessageshas been added to sign multiple
messages at a time without needing to unlock and lock the wallet before and
after each call.
BlockInfoResponsemessages now include a new
field which specifies whether votes in the block disapprove of the parent
A new JSON-RPC method
publishunminedtransactionshas been added which
resends all unmined transactions of the wallet.
A new JSON-RPC method
sweepaccounthas been added which can be used to move
as much value as possible from an account to either (possibly the same)
account or an address. This RPC can be used in place of the
method but without knowing and specifying exactly how many inputs to use.
The new JSON-RPC methods
stopautobuyerhave been added
which can start and stop the automatic ticket purchaser over JSON-RPC, similar
to the already existing
StopAutoBuyergRPC methods of
The JSON-RPC method
getbalancenow returns aggregate balances for all
accounts if called with the special
The sendtosstx, sendtossgen, and sendtossrtx JSON-RPC methods have been
removed. These RPCs were intended to manually send ticket purchases, votes,
and revocations manually, but were unimplemented and would cause crashes if
Transaction size estimation has been improved to more accurately estimate
fees, in particular when redeeming with pay-to-script-hash redeem scripts.
helpJSON-RPC method text for the
getbalanceRPC has been updated to
reflect the changes made to the returned object.
Users are now informed with log messages to configure their public passphrase
or enter it on startup if the wallet is encrypted with one but it was not
Script execution errors during sanity checks after signing inputs now record
additional information about the failure including the previous output and
script being spent and the signature script used by the input.
All commits since the last release may be viewed on GitHub
This release of decrediton adds some major changes to the wallet startup,
overview page and adds the first round of statistics for better user
information. Now that the overall look and feel designed by Eeter has been
impletmented we will be focusing on refinement and adding improved
responsiveness (eg dark mode, resolving to various media widths).
Launcher has been redesigned to provide the user with a more intuitive startup
experience. In normal working mode, the daemon (of the chosen network) will
begin to sync and become operational while the user completes wallet
creation/selection. Then once both the wallet is ready and the daemon has
synced the wallet will fully load.
A tutorial, release notes, settings and logs have all been added to the
launcher for the user to utilize whilst they may be waiting for their daemon
to sync. Hopefully this will allow the user to more seamlessly create wallets
with less confusion or require any additional support.
The wallet creation by seed has received a substantial update as well. We now
allow the user to copy seeds (if they complete a warning screen) and also paste
seeds. And for confirmation for new wallets only requires the user to complete
1/3 of the words to confirm storage of wallet's seed.
Overview has been redesigned to give the user more information about their
wallet's current situation and to guide them where to find various features
of their wallet. Basic graphs covering balances, tickets and transactions have
been added. All recent transactions and recent ticket activity can be found
below the overview graphs. We will be adding more features to the overview page
as we gauge user interest and feedback on existing additions.
Introductory data prepartion and statistics have been implemented for this
release. For now we are providing a small window of lookback for transactions,
staking and other information. The reduced window size is mostly an issue
with unsatisfactory performance. When this performance improves, we will be
adding custom windows and window lengths for custom graphing and exporting
Validate Addresses - a form to validate addresses has been added to the
Security Center. This will allow users to test addresses to confirm address
ownership and/or validity.
Filter by address - now transactions can be filtered by address in History.
When the user enters a string into the address filter form, it will show any
address that has an output with a matching address.
Charts - we have decided to use recharts as our first
Import wallet from hex seed - instead of entering in the 33 word
mnemonic, they are now able to use the hex representation of their seed.
Export data to CSV - we now all users to export various types of data to csv.
These options are found under the Transactions page.
Show logs - logs can now be found on the launcher and on the help page.
For now, we only show the logs of the current instance of wallet and daemon.
This is mostly due to performance with pulling in thousands of lines of text.
All commits since the last release may be viewed on GitHub