- If you are launching runs using
DagsterInstance.launch_run, this method now takes a run id instead of an instance of
DagsterInstance.create_empty_runhave been replaced by
- If you have implemented your own
RunLauncher, there are two required changes:
RunLauncher.launch_runtakes a pipeline run that has already been created. You should remove any calls to
instance.create_runin this method.
- Instead of calling
startPipelineExecution(defined in the
dagster_graphql.client.query.START_PIPELINE_EXECUTION_MUTATION) in the run launcher, you should call
startPipelineExecutionForCreatedRun(defined in dagster_graphql.client.query.START_PIPELINE_EXECUTION_FOR_CREATED_RUN_MUTATION`
- Refer to the
RemoteDagitRunLauncherfor an example implementation.
- Improvements to preset and solid subselection in the playground. An inline preview of the pipeline instead of a modal when doing subselection, and the correct subselection is chosen when selecting a preset.
- Improvements to the log searching. Tokenization and autocompletion for searching messages types and for specific steps.
- You can now view the structure of pipelines from historical runs, even if that pipeline no longer exists in the loaded repository or has changed structure.
- Historical execution plans are now viewable, even if the pipeline has changed structure.
- Added metadata link to raw compute logs for all StepStart events in PipelineRun view and Step view.
- Improved error handling for the scheduler. If a scheduled run has config errors, the errors are persisted to the event log for the run and can be viewed in Dagit.
- No longer manually dispose sqlalchemy engine in dagster-postgres
- Made boto3 dependency in dagster-aws more flexible (#2418)
- Fixed tooltip UI cleanup in partitioned schedule view
- Brand new documentation site, available at https://docs.dagster.io
- The tutorial has been restructured to multiple sections, and the examples in intro_tutorial have been rearranged to separate folders to reflect this.