Yet another bugfix release that was brewing for an awfully long time, but the fixes in this release improve memory usage, the sizes of some database tables by allowing more control over how long to keep reports and node statuses and how much information to store in the event log tables, handle some of the more unusual search types I didn't even know anyone used with Chef, and more.
From the CHANGELOG:
* Allow access to /debug/pprof with a whitelist of IP addresses
* Properly index arrays of hashes, arrays of arrays, etc. in object attributes.
* Pretty serious memory usage improvements with search (both the in-memory
and postgres searches).
* Fix reconnecting to serf if the connection is somehow interrupted.
* Fix negated range queries (it turns out they *do* have a use after all), and
refactor how NOT queries are handled generally.
* Add options to purge old reports and node statuses.
* Add option to skip logging extended object information in the event log.
* A handful of other bugfixes.
* Bump up to using golang 1.9.3 for builds.
* Minor changes to the documentation.