Not up to date with Composer 2 yet? Check the alpha1 changelog and alpha2 changelog and UPGRADE guide first.
Try it out now and get ready for the upcoming stable release
composer self-update --previewto try the latest alpha/prerelease version (2.x).
composer self-update --snapshotto try the latest dev build (2.x).
composer self-update --stableto go back to stable releases (1.x for now).
composer self-update --1in CI/scripts if you want to pin Composer to 1.x until you are ready to migrate, this will ensure you stay on 1.x releases even once a 2.0 stable comes out.
- Breaking: Zip archives loaded by artifact repositories must now have a composer.json on top level, or a max of one folder on top level of the archive
- Added --no-dev support to
outdatedcommands to skip dev requirements
- Added support for multiple --repository flags being passed into the
create-projectcommand, only useful in combination with
--add-repositoryto persist them to composer.json
- Added a new optional
listAPI endpoint for v2-format composer repositories, see UPGRADE for details
show -acommand not listing anything
- Fixed solver bug where it ended in a "Reached invalid decision id 0"
- Fixed updates of git-installed packages on windows
- Lots of minor bug fixes