Not up to date with Composer 2 yet? Check the alpha1 changelog and UPGRADE guide first.
Try it out now and get ready for the upcoming stable release
composer self-update --previewto try the latest alpha/prerelease version (2.x).
composer self-update --snapshotto try the latest dev build (2.x).
composer self-update --stableto go back to stable releases (1.x for now).
composer self-update --1in CI/scripts if you want to pin Composer to 1.x until you are ready to migrate, this will ensure you stay on 1.x releases even once a 2.0 stable comes out.
- Added parallel installation of packages (requires OSX/Linux/WSL, and that
unzipis present in PATH)
- Added optimization of constraints by compiling them to PHP code, which should reduce CPU time of updates
- Added handling of Ctrl-C on Windows for PHP 7.4+
- Added better support for default branch names other than
- Added --format=summary flag to
- Fixed issue in platform check when requiring ext-zend-opcache
- Fixed inline aliases issues
- Fixed git integration issue when signatures are set to be shown by default