The CakePHP core team is proud to announce the first release candidate of CakePHP 4.1.0. This beta introduces a handful of deprecations. It also adds window function support and common-table-expression support to the ORM. Furthermore, it features improved
debug() output, and new ORM events for marshalling.
The migration guide has a complete list of what's new in 4.1.0. We recommend you give that page a read when upgrading as it outlines the deprecations present in 4.1.
Changes Since 4.1.0-beta1
Form\Form::set()was added to help incrementally update the data in a Form object.
- The interface for CommonTableExpressions and windowing functions were improved.
TranslateBehaviornow supports a
localeoption when finding records. This option lets you set the locale for a single find call.
Query::clearResult()was added to clear the internal result and count value.
- Deprecation annotations now contain IDE clickable links.
- Added missing annotations in the Validation package.
- Datetime inputs created through
FormHelpercan have the
- Cache adapters that require extensions now raise clearer exceptions when the required extensions are missing.
Datasource\LocatorInterfacewas added to help easy other locator implementations.
- PHP8 nightly builds were added to the CakePHP test matrix.
- Delete operations with cascading callbacks now abort when an associated record fails to delete because of application rule failures.
Query::orderDesc()now support closures to build the order clause.
Session::read()now has a default parameter.
How you Can Help
You can help by trying out the RC in your application. Please open issues for any new test failures or regressions the new version creates in your application.
Contributors to 4.1.0-RC1
Thank you to all the contributors that have helped with 4.1.0:
- Corey Taylor
- Edgaras Janušauskas
- Frank de Graaf
- Mark Scherer
- Mark Story
- Matthias Wirtz
As always, a huge thanks to all the community members that helped make this release happen by reporting issues and sending pull requests.